Friday 5 September 2014

Back to the Grind...

Welcome to Grade 2!! I am very excited to have 19 students in my classroom this year. This group of students is amazing and I cannot wait to watch them grow over the next 10 months.
After the first week, we have already started writing, social, science, math, and phonics. WOW! 

Agenda
I have been really impressed with how diligent students are with bringing their kanga pouch and agenda to school every day. Just a reminder to check the pouch every night and initial their agenda. The students receive a 'positive dojo point' for returning it signed. (**Not sure what a dojo is?? Ask your child!**)

What has been sent home?
There have been some papers sent out today that are important for parents to look at: Triton Swimming, East Elementary School calendar magnet, online payment information, and a letter from Principal Chomlak. Please give these a read. 
On Wednesday I sent home a newsletter which included a volunteer sheet for classroom activities and classroom parties. Thank you for returning those so quickly. 
*On Monday I will be sending home an information page that I would like you to fill out with your child. This will include your child's 'favorites' and some contact information. Please return this by Friday September 12. 

Spelling Words & Home Reading (Red Duotang)
I sent home a red duotang containing information on Spelling Words (Dolch words) and our Home Reading program. These spelling words are to be worked on at home (approx. 10 minutes/night). When these words are mastered, please let me know so I can test them. 
Our plan for Home Reading is to have each student read a minimum of 10 minutes every night; the class goal is 2 hours in September. Every hour that your child reads, please send the red duotang back to school and we will keep tally. If you have any questions about the Dolch words or the Home Reading, please do not hesitate to email me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment